Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm Such A Fanboy At Heart lol

Sometimes I just have to laugh at myself. I get so giddy when when someone famous, or sort of famous, replies to me on Twitter or YouTube. Most of the famous are simply people who through luck, determination and talent have been raised in our collective consciousness. They still put their pants on one leg at a time, although I don't wanna know how Lady Gaga slips into her weird outfits.

I just got a tweet from a Youtuber after tweeting that I had done a post on this blog about her new channel. All she said was "thanks for the kind words :)" but it brought a big smile to my face. I am such a geek lol.

It's just the social networking doing it's thing, allowing us to connect (some might say intrude lol) on the lives of people that we would never have the opportunity to interact with. I got a "LOL" from Tom Cruise to a lame joke I made a while back and have tweeted with movie star Muriel Hemingway and others, who have taken the time to reply to my (sometimes gushing) comments. I can be a fanboy just like everyone else.

That said I also like just getting tweets from friends and co-workers and usually feel the same exhilaration from getting a witty retort to something I tweeted. I guess I'm kinda olda old school and still amazed that there actually are people out there on there InterWebs and that they do read the shite I tweet and blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...