Saturday, August 21, 2010

Melissa Trippy Attacked By A Massive Spider!



First off, I HATE spiders. I'm a dude so it usually falls to me to dispose of any spiders or other insects that breach my security wall and put in an appearance in my bathroom or kitchen. Usually they scamper across the floor waving "Hello Roomie!" as they adjust to their new digs. I of course will have none of that and immediately scour the room for a weapon while keeping a eye on my little visitor. Then I'm all "HULK SMASH!" and toss the remnants into the toilet or garbage.

But one day...

I was walking through my house and spotted some movement out of the corner of my eye - a spider! Not just ho-hum, a spider, but "Holy Snikes, Look At That Huge Spider!" This thing looked like it was a zergling from StarCraft2, so I quickly grabbed a fly swatter and gave it 3-4 hard wacks thinking buh-bye. I swear it gave me the finger and ran down a nearby heating duct. I think I heard it chuckling in the darkness, but that might have been my own paranoia kicking in.

Needless to say, I spend that night in bed with the blankets pulled up to my nose, peering nervously at the darkness, waiting for it to make it's move and jump at me. Luckily for both of us, the spider never came back. It was I swear 3 inches long! Wish I had my camera when I spotted it.

Anyway, enough about me and my arachnid battles. In Melissa's video we first see that her dog Tyson seems none the worse for wear after his run-in with two other dogs about a month ago. If you didn't know about him being attacked, there's a video where Mel's brother Charles Trippy explains what happened. Poor old Tyson got stuck wearing the unfashionable cone for a month as he healed up. From the video it looks like he's doing good again.

Melissa and her roommate have a run-in with a spider themselves and it looks like they took care of business and clobbered the intruder. Florida seems to have some mother-sized spiders! Also, you can sub to her channel at mel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...